19 April 2008

Wrap-around shirt #1

I took me some time to find a topt that will do with the skirt.
This skirt has a fairly stiff fabric (taffeta), I needed something simple but fine. It has to come down to my waist but no further.

I've looked for ideas in the last Burda magazine I bought during my last trip in France (I still haven't started buying English patterns, which means it takes me ages to explain what I would like to do when I shop for fabric).

I found a wrap-around shirt and I found a fantastic popeline. The old lady who helpded me finding it dubbed it as "wonderful", I will agree it is a pleasure to pin and cut.



Right, pattern is cut (I cheat and use a ruler to trace most of the lines). I think CAD software for pattern making must do something very similar


I have cut 8 pieces:
  • back (in the fabric fold)
  • side front x 2
  • front x 2
  • side backx 2
  • collar (in the fabric fold) 
  • sleeve front x 2
  • sleeve back x 2
  • tiedr x 2
  • a bias

No comments:

Post a Comment