20 April 2015

Baby booties, yet again.

I'm not the best of knitters and I've attempted some years ago simple booties in moss stitch. The free pattern is available here.
 
Moss stitch is not difficult, it is very regular and has a great finish.
The only issue is that I'm really bad at reading my knitting. It is a bit like Braille to me as a fully-sighted person.
 
However thank to great friends setting up a knitting evening, I picked it up and finished it!
The finished size is big enough for my 8 month-old nephew who is now the proud owner of moss-stitch booties with Mexican buttons. He doesn't really care but his mum founds them very cute.
 

The pattern is great up until the putting together phase. These are my two additional tips:
1. Do remember the corners you've formed are to be stitched on top of each other. The rounded part of the corners should be facing downwards.
2. Remember to do a left and a right foot.

4 comments:

  1. Number 2, Ally, number 2!!! I'm not good at knitting booties maybe because in my world there my left and my other left. Where did you find the buttons, please?
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ally, the buttons were bought many years ago in a shop that used sell Latin American items in Oxford. Unfortunately it is not more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. steve cindor on titanium chain - TITIAN ART
    steve cindor, the best quality quality titanium chain 4x8 sheet metal prices near me available on titanium white rocket league the market. does titanium set off metal detectors Find titanium nipple rings quality brands like steve cindor, cobra, diamond, grade 5 titanium diamond,

    ReplyDelete