12 January 2011

Warm iphone for the tought winter ahead

My first iPhone died in the snow (minute of silence..... taking a deep breath in.....over now). I needed to protect my second iPhone.
Mum taught me to knit during Christmas, I needed to use these newly acquired skills before loosing them (I did use Youtube too to remember how to cast off).

For those who would like to start knitting, I used size 3 mm needles and a "furry" wool (I don't really sound like I know what I'm talking about, do I?) . I've cast on 20 stitches, then ended with 19...I've lost one along the way. 4 knit, 4 purl to make a nice ribbing.
I haven't counted the rows, since I was using the iPhone to judge the length. 

Since I don't know how to do circular knitting, I've stitched by hand the two sides together with a big needle. I'll recommend this stitch to avoid unnecessary stretching the finished project. 

It doesn't look like anything at the start, always.

The Winter Sock!

No comments:

Post a Comment