17 February 2011

Lingerie poutch

Last night whilst I was cutting fabric to make a knitting needle holder, I came across two strange shapes in the fabric I was using. I then understood what it was stepping back a little. It was a bra and a pair of knickers! 
I would like to say that I don't usually cut these... There was a practical prupose, honest. 


Many years back, I made a little cotton poutch to store my underwear when travelling.
The bag was unremarkable, so I decided to mark its content. I've folded in two a contrasting piece of fabric and drawn half a bra and half a knicker.
Why just a half?  It's easier to make a symetric drawing if you only draw one half and the cutting stage is fool proof too.

I've also added a couple of machine embroidery.
I've left the edges unfinished since I wanted to try this for a long time.  The poutch is now several years old and is aging nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment