18 March 2011

Knitting needle case

Since my rather painful encounter with knitting needles, I decided to protect them and me with a case.
I've inspired myself with this blogger who made a really cute one.

I used a beautiful remnant from Etro given to me by a very dear Italian friend (you know who you are Daniela... ooopsie). The outer fabric is thick and textured with flowery patterns. It reminds me of  wall tapestries. The inner layer has a lovely shade which matches the brown tone of the case and lightens the mood.

I've added a flap to prevent any spillage or escapees.
If I were to do another one, I'll do the bottom row shorter, some of the crochet hooks are too short to pop their heads out. I would also reduce the width, stitching all the casings took a rather long time. Thinking about it I would also round the edges of the flap to prevent it to pop out if the case is rolled up in a hurry.

Bias

Spring roll? No, knitting needle case!

Flap open

Flap closed

No comments:

Post a Comment