4 November 2011

Welcome to the stork

Welcome to Quynh Anh / Livia: 3rd baby of the year. This time I put aside the knitting needles and courted my neglected sewing machine and made a baby bathrobe.

I used a big towel I bought and some stripped light cotton (did I mention I love stripes?). I really like this fabric and I was keen to use it on this project.

This project is pretty simple. Once the towel is cut to side, stitch the hood and cut enough bias to cover all the way round the towel. Fold the bias in two then each side in two again and mark the creases with a hot iron. Pin the bias and stitch it. The most difficult is to stitch the bias on both side of the thick terry towel.

I had some bias left, so I tied the little bathrobe with a cute bow. The Royal Mail the the French post did take their time to deliver it, however it eventually arrived. Phew!

Rolled-up bathrobe
Baby bathrobe

No comments:

Post a Comment